If you’re looking for the installation of flooring, maybe something durable. A little bit modern that fits your family’s current lifestyle. Or if you’re just looking for something to grow your home’s resale value. It’s great to know what all is included with a new floor installation. After you’ve identified the reputable installers and best flooring dealer.
Instead of waiting for the professionals to arrive. As a homeowner, there are some chores you need to do. This is essential since not all floor installers take the same steps. Or precautions to be ready for your new floors. No matter what type of flooring you choose your home for a new floor installation. Below is a checklist to prepare your home for a new floor installation. This way, you can maintain a swift installation and keep the space mess-free.
Steps you have to prepare your home for a new floor installation:
- Remove all breakables
- Remove all different items in the room that could break. You have to ensure to do this step with a lot of time before the arrival of flooring installers. It also means possibly lighting fixtures with ceramic bowls or with glass.
- Determine who removes appliances, furniture, and adds subfloor
- Make sure to inquire and request an all-inclusive project quote. Once you get an installation estimate from your flooring installer.
- Disconnect Electronics and Gas Appliances
- You have to do more than heavy lifting when it comes to your appliances. You need to ensure to disconnect any electrical outlets or gas hookups. Wherein the new floor installation takes place. This is a simple DIY step for a lot of homeowners.
- Decide New Floor Height
- Determine new floor height before installation begins. It may need you to adjust the doors if there’s any change in height to the floor. A lot of flooring types, like laminate flooring and vinyl flooring. That provides a floating installation method or glue-down.
- Clean out Storage Areas and Closets
- Don’t forget all the crannies and nooks, when you prepare for a new floor installation. Remove any items from your storage areas and closets where new flooring will be installed.
- Provide Dust Control
- During a new floor installation, dust can produce problems. Especially, when installing unfinished hardwood. A true professional will make their way to control dust particles. From sticking to your new floors. This not only means shutting doors, yet also covering doorways with plastic sheets.
- Remove the Doors and Baseboards
- Remove any doors from their hinges within the room where the new flooring is installed. Before starting professional flooring installers know to do this. Yet it’s best to do this yourself to make sure each door is stored and removed safely. You also have to remove the baseboards and any extra shoe moldings that line the bottom edges. Determined by your baseboard styles, such as colonial or ranch, you can easily take them out with a pry bar.
- Clean all floors thoroughly
- It’s a great practice to lessen the amount of dust, allergies, mildew, and mold. With any new floor installation that you come across. You need to inspect the subfloor to make sure there are no water issues or damages. You have to address this before starting.
- Prepare the subfloor
- Your subfloor for instance should be securely fixed. To the floor joists and completely level. Prepare the subfloor and your new installation will be smooth and look flawless.
These are just some of the thorough checklists you might need to consider before taking a flooring installation. Then you are now ready for brand new stylish floors.